[users] subversion 1.5 for EL4 and EL5?

Greg Bailey gbailey at lxpro.com
Mon Apr 20 14:28:29 CEST 2009

Dag Wieers wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Apr 2009, arnebjarne72 at hotmail.com wrote:
>
>> Hi Dag.
>>
>> Subversion 1.6.0 can be build.
>>
>> 1) RPMforge need to upgrade its sqlite from 3.3.13 to 3.6.13 (at
>> least 3.4.0 is needed).
>> (see attached sqllite.spec for 3.6.13)
>> 2) Build subversion with my attached subversion.spec
>>
>> Could you verify this and submit it to RPMforge?
>
> Bjarne,
>
> I cannot replace sqlite since it ships with RHEL/CentOS. So I am
> limited in what I can do.

My understanding is that if the source for these 3rd party dependencies
is in the subversion source tree, then those versions are statically
built into the subversion binaries.   Some test builds I did (using
pieces of the subversion-deps-1.6.1 download but not all), didn't have
external dependencies on sqlite and I was able to leave the system
sqlite RPM in place.

-Greg