[users] Re: [CentOS] Yum Update issues

Nicolas Thierry-Mieg Nicolas.Thierry-Mieg at imag.fr
Wed Apr 29 11:15:51 CEST 2009

[ this comes from the centos list, Ron was trying to install
perl-SDL-2.1.3-2.el5.rf.i386 ]

Ron Blizzard wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 8:24 PM, Ron Blizzard <rb4centos at gmail.com
>     I'm guessing I need to find the file that the function(?) that
>     perl(Pod::ToDemo) is found.
>
>     rpm.pbone has a file called Perl-Pod-ToDemo, but it won't install,
>     saying it needs Perl5 files -- so I tried reinstalling Perl, but it
>     didn't help.
>
>     I'll keep Googling.
>

> Got it. rpm.pbone.com <http://rpm.pbone.com> had a newer perl-Pod-ToDemo
> file then the one I had found earlier. I downloaded and installed that
> one and then "yum update" worked without issue.
>
> Now I'm trying to figure out why the lack of a perl demo file would kill
> a perl update?

perl-SDL-2.1.3-2.el5.rf.i386 has a dependency on perl(Pod::ToDemo)
written in its spec file, so that dep must be fulfilled to install
perl-SDL... rpm doesn't care whether it's a dep on a "perl demo" or a
crucial component ;-)

This is a packaging problem at rpmforge. If perl-SDL is available in the
repo and perl-Pod-ToDemo is not in centos, rpmforge should have it.

Could someone at rpmforge try to build perl-Pod-ToDemo?

Regards