[users] Re: users Digest, Vol 48, Issue 16

Peter Pang pangp at ematters.com.tw
Thu Apr 30 12:19:13 CEST 2009

Dear All,

Since I do not get any feedback yet, so try to post this issue again.
Thanks if you can help.

Peter

Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 17:50:39 +0800
From: "Peter Pang" <pangp at ematters.com.tw>
Subject: [users] VLC menu problem in CentOS 5.3
To: users at lists.rpmforge.net

I had installed CentOS 5.3 chinese environment and also yum install VLC package
successfully.
It shows all blocks in VLC menu and can not see chinese fonts.

With 'export LC_ALL=zh_TW.UTF-8', still can not solve the display problem.

below is message from yum info vlc :
Name : vlc
Arch : i387
Version: 0.9.9
Release: 2.el5.rf
Size : 53M

The interesting thing is that I can have VLC Chinese menu now but still get blocks while
click any of main menu,
such as click Media and then the draw down menu has some blocks between chinese characters.

so I call it is half working.

What I did was to reinstall CentOS again not only checkbox Gnome desktop but also go
into to select all items.

any solution for this chinese font issue for VLC menu display? thanks.