[users] Using the "most complete" set of repositories with apt-get

Christoph Maser cmr at financial.com
Tue Jan 6 19:40:05 CET 2009

Am Dienstag, den 06.01.2009, 17:27 +0100 schrieb Del Merritt:
> Dag's FAQ at:
>
>     http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/FAQ.php#D2
>
> says:
>
>     Most repositories should already work well together. If you do find
>     a problem, the best thing to get this fixed is by reporting this to
>     both repository maintainers. If it is a genuine problem, it will be
>     fixed promptly.
>
>     The repositories I mix myself are: FreshRPMS, Dries, NewRPMS and
>     PlanetCCRMA.
>
> I'm an apt-get user, and I'd like to have the "most complete" set of
> pointers to repositories that is reasonable.  Dag's mix sounds good to
> me :-)
>
> The problem is that I'm not sure what the correct additional entries in
> my /etc/apt/sources.list.d should be in order to mimic Dag's mix.

I don't use apt, so i cannot help you there. But i wonder if there is
something like the yum-priorities plugin for apt
(http://wiki.centos.org/PackageManagement/Yum/Priorities).
Also just out of personal interest why did you choose apt-get over the
"oficially supported" yum? Is there any advantage?
This is not meant to be negative about apt use i am just curious.

Chris

financial.com AG

Management board/Vorstand: Dr. Steffen Boehnert (CEO/Vorsitzender) | Dr. Alexis Eisenhofer | Dr. Yann Samson | Matthias Wiederwach