[suggest] Possible bug in latest perl-DBD-SQLite package

Christoph Maser cmr at financial.com
Wed Jun 3 13:57:01 CEST 2009

Am Samstag, den 30.05.2009, 13:52 +0200 schrieb Kai Schaetzl:
> David Steinbrunner wrote on Thu, 28 May 2009 12:03:36 -0400:
>
> > Is it possible for you to install the perl module from CPAN rather than
> > rpmforge for testing proposes?  I have a feeling the issue is not the
> > rpmforge package but rather the newer versions of the software itself.  If
> > it is the DBD::SQLite software rather than the packaging, you could then
> > submit this as a bug to the maintainers.
>
> I just found the reason for this problem with a simple test script and a
> require.
>
> Newer versions of DBD::SQLite need a DBI version of at least 1.57. The
> rpmforge package *does* include this requirement. However, CentOS includes
> DBI 1.52 and doesn't provide newer versions. As a good administrator I'm
> using yum priorities and thus the software is locked at the CentOS version.
> I would think that yum should not have upgraded perl-DBD-SQLite if it cannot
> fulfill the requirement of perl-DBI >= 1.57. I will follow this up on the
> CentOS list whether it has to be reported as a bug.
> So, for anyone else using this module and priorities: you have to either
> stay on version 1.14 or exclude perl-DBI from the base and updates repos
> (which enables rpmforge to upgrade DBI to 1.607).
>
> Kai

The perl-DBI package provides

perl(DBI)
perl-DBI = 1.52-2.el5

Note there is no version number on the "perl(DBI)" line. So i guess out
perl-DBD-SQLite must require perl-DBI => 1.57 instead of perl(DBI) >=
1.57.
Another case of malfunctioning automatic perl dependencies :(

financial.com AG

Management board/Vorstand: Dr. Steffen Boehnert (CEO/Vorsitzender) | Dr. Alexis Eisenhofer | Dr. Yann Samson | Matthias Wiederwach