[suggest] Munin requires /bin/mail (mailx)

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Thu Jun 11 14:14:16 CEST 2009

Simon Males wrote on Wed, 27 May 2009 11:08:19 +1000:

> Unless the problem is upstream and munin-limits should test mail to
> see if it exists before munin-limits tries to use it. Otherwise I
> suggest mailx be a dependency of munin.

It's not necessary for normal functioning of munin, so it should not be a
dependancy. Instead the comment in munin.conf should be expanded to point
out the fact that a mail package or specific mail command is needed if you
want to use that feature. I for one have installed mailx only on virtual
machines but not on the host machines as it is not necessary there.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany