[users] Can't rebuild MPlayer from RF SRPM

Niki Kovacs contact at kikinovak.net
Thu Jun 4 20:54:17 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm currently trying to rebuild MPlayer from the RPMForge SRPM. I get
the following error :

libao2/libao2.a(ao_alsa.o): In function `set_non_audio':
/home/kikinovak/rpmbuild/BUILD/MPlayer-1.0rc1/libao2/ao_alsa.c:278:
undefined reference to `snd_config_search_alias_hooks'
collect2: ld returned exit status
make: *** [mplayer] Error 1

Any idea what's going on ?

Few remarks, don't know if they're important:

1) I remember having built this successfully on CentOS 5.2.

2) I'm trying to build it in a virtual machine (in VirtualBox). Don't
know if this has any importance.

Cheers from France,

Niki Kovacs