[users] viewvc-1.1.0-1.el4.rf - installation problems

Bart Schaefer barton.schaefer at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 16:52:05 CEST 2009

Obviously the admin needs to manually configure the location of CVS
repositories, but it would be helpful if the spec file for viewvc
dropped a file in /etc/httpd/conf.d/ to establish the /viewvc
ScriptAlias.

Also the installer places files in /var/www/viewvc, but I believe the
configuration needs them to be relative to the document root, and the
default config expects the URL path to be /viewvc-static, so the
correct installation location would be /var/www/html/viewvc-static
instead.  (Please correct me if I've got this wrong.)

I'll send an updated spec file if I have a chance but someone who
works more regularly with RPM might be able to do it sooner/better.