[users] dejavu-fonts from rpmforge has depsolving problems

Nicolas Thierry-Mieg Nicolas.Thierry-Mieg at imag.fr
Wed Jun 10 17:08:41 CEST 2009

Phil Schaffner wrote:
> Nicolas Thierry-Mieg wrote:
>> Jaysen Johnson wrote:
>>> I am running CentOS 5.3 and I seem to be having a problem when trying to
>>
>> I can't help you with  the conflict, but if you just need dejavu fonts
>> in Latin, Greek and Cyrillic scripts, they are available in the centos
>> package dejavu-lgc-fonts-2.10-1.noarch
>
> I can confirm the conflict on CentOS 5.3, and also that the CentOS
> dejavu-lgc-fonts does work and seems to have about the same set of fonts
> (except for naming):
>
> $ rpm -ql dejavu-lgc-fonts
<snip>
> Looks to me like dejavu-fonts should disappear to avoid confusion,
> unless I'm missing something.

Phil, I suspect your reply was intended to the list so I'm forwarding it
(I just snipped the rpm -ql output).

For the dejavu vs dejavu-lgc distinction, according to the following
webpage dejavu-lgc is a subset of dejavu that only contains latin, greek
and cyrillic scripts, while the full dejavu family has about 10 other
scripts.
http://dejavu-fonts.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

I still don't have any idea how this should be resolved though. Most
people are probably fine with dejavu-lgc...