[users] request package removal

Max Kanat-Alexander mkanat at bugzilla.org
Tue Jun 23 00:49:39 CEST 2009

Christoph Maser wrote:
> Return::Value was a bad idea. i'm sorry that I had it, sorry that I
> followed through, and sorry that it got used in other useful libraries.
> Fortunately there are not many things using it. One of those things is
> Email::Send which is also deprecated in favor of Email::Sender.

	However, Bugzilla uses Email::Send, which is the whole reason it's in
rpmforge. Bugzilla has a 1-2 year support life (or longer), so even if
we switched to Email::Sender today (which we won't, because we just
switched to Email::Send about 2 years ago and I hate to keep changing
the libraries we're using--particularly when we've finally got this one
working right--and also I have lots of other things to do), it would
take 2+ years for all the supported versions of Bugzilla that use
Email::Send to go away.

	-Max
--
http://www.everythingsolved.com/
Competent, Friendly Bugzilla and Perl Services. Everything Else, too.