[users] Re: EPEL and RPMforge

Michael Mansour mic at npgx.com.au
Wed Jun 24 00:08:05 CEST 2009

Hi,

> on 6-23-2009 12:35 PM Bram Mertens spake the following:
> > [top-posting because it seems to be the most readable in this case -
> > what's the convention on this list?  top-post or bottom post?]
> >
> > Thanks for the feedback and the links I'll check them out later.
> >
> > Unfortunately I find myself in the situation where some colleagues of
> > mine want to/need to use Typolight and I need to provide a server for
> > that.  The problem is that Typolight not only requires libmcrypt which
> > I could get from either EPEL or RPMforge but it also requires PHP 5.2
> > which Red Hat doesn't ship and which I can't find in either EPEL or
> > RPMforge.
> >
> > I don't have the time or resources to start building PHP packages (and
> > especially tracking bug and security fixes myself) in addition to the
> > fact that I don't fancy the idea of replacing essential packages with
> > non-supported ones.
> >
> > Guess my best option os to raise this with RH support and see if they
> > can provide a way for us to run Typolight on RHEL5.3.
> >
> > Again thanks for the effort maintaining this repo and the feedback to
> > my questions.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> Isn't there a php 5.2  for CentOS 5 in plus? Or maybe testing?

Yes, a quick web search of "centos php 5.2" will return results for the CentOS
testing repo which contains php 5.2.6.

I have never used that repo myself, I instead use Jason's "utterramblings"
repo since he also supplies a bunch of php modules also compiled for what he
releases. I don't believe CentOS do that.

Michael.

------- End of Original Message -------