[suggest] Subversion 1.6.x compilation issues

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Thu May 7 19:27:37 CEST 2009

There is an unfortunate dependency for Subversion 1.6.x on a very
recent sqlite3, and a workaround built into Subversion where it simply
uses a local copy of the sqlite3.c source file from
sqlite-amalgamation-3.6.11.tar.gz.  Rather than including the full
tarball, I think it makes more sense to simply include merely the
sqlite3.c file among the SOURCE's, since that's built directly into
Subversion's current compilation setup, and I'm proceeding on that
basis unless someone thinks otherwise. This avoids the dependencies on
local SQLite packages and their lag for server class OS's, such as
RHEL and CentOS.

I'd also like to avoid the conflict with RHEL/CentOS where RedHat
provides both an i386 and x86_64 RPM in the x86_64 packages, and
installs both on unsuspecting systems, and causes yum dependency
issues with RPMforge which only provides the x86_64. Can we have the
.i386 package listed as well in the x86_64 repository? That's much
easier, for me, than having to compile both or  work out clever
'Obsoletes' to deal with it.