[suggest] Subversion 1.6.2 is out, I'm working on .spec file

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Mon May 11 14:49:28 CEST 2009

I'd *just* gotten subversion 1.6.1 working, and now 1.6.2 popped out
today. (Sigh.)

One question I'm finding for compiling on RHEL 5/CentOS 5 is how to
handle the SQLite version 3.x dependency. It requires a more recent
version than RHEL 4 and 5 provide, but leaves in a hook to put in the
sqlite3.c file from the 'sqlite-amalmagation' source. I'm unsure whether
to simply copy in the file and use it for all Subversion compilation
(which is easiest), or bring in the tarball for sqlite-amalgamation
(which is cleaner, but makes the SRPM unnecessarily bulky), or simply
say "update the SQLite package, darn it!" and provide a new SQLite
package, which could cause problems with system level components that
expect the older library. The problem probably doesn't occur with recent
Fedora releases and their newer SQLite 3.x.

I sort of favor the 'include the tarball approach, and simply include it
in all cases for Subversion compilation to avoid system software
dependencies, but would welcome insites. If I'm going to exclude it from
systems such as Fedora 10, I'd welcome a bit of insight into how you
wonderful RPMforge folks set the compilation settings for your different
OS packages.