[suggest] GPU driver test.

Jason kane.michael.john at gmail.com
Mon May 25 18:25:24 CEST 2009

Here are my findings. They are limited to one system.

Video card used for testing GeForce 7900GTX.

2.6.18-128.el5PAE i386  Kernel. This is the default kernel an user would
have after installing Centos 5.3. The nvidia dkms install would not build
against this Kernel.

2.6.18-128.1.10.el5PAE i386 This is the Kernel an user would have after
updating their Centos 5.3 install, and the nvidia dkms install would not
build against this Kernel either.

2.6.18-128.1.10.el5 non PAE Kernel. This kernel is available in the Centos
repo, and the nvidia dkms install did build against this Kernel.

As noted earlier the x86_64 Kernel worked with out issue.

So it would seem the only standing issue, is that the dkms nvidia package
will not build against a PAE kernel.

For now I would have to adivse users wanting run 32bit, and nvidia to do so
on systems with less than four gigabytes of ram, as running a non PAE kernel
will lead to some ram not being used, and a PAE kernel causing the nvidia
dkms install not to work.