[suggest] Perl module updates

Christoph Maser cmr at financial.com
Tue May 26 14:28:41 CEST 2009

> Am Montag, den 18.05.2009, 18:08 +0200 schrieb David Steinbrunner:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I'd like to request that the following are updated to current:
> >
> > perl-DBI
> > perl-DBD-mysql
> > perl-XML-Atom
> > perl-SQL-Abstract
> > perl-MP3-Tag
> > perl-Moose
> > perl-Class-MOP
> > perl-MooseX-AttributeHelpers
> > perl-XML-LibXML
> > perl-XML-LibXSLT
> >
> > The last two appear to have problems building on some platforms.
> > perl-XML-LibXML dies during the build due to permission issues and
> > perl-XML-LibXSLT dies due to dependency  requirements on perl-XML-LibXML, at
> > least in the case of el5 x86_64.  If updating these does not resolve these
> > issues could they be looked into further?  Note that I did not have issues
> > building the most current rpmforge source packages on my el5 x86_64
> > development box.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > --
> > David Steinbrunner

The dependency issues are more severe: XML::LibXSLT needs libxslt
version 1.1.18 or higher. Seems like a bigger task, if it is doable at
all. perl-XML-LibXML has this comment:

### EL4 and EL5 ship with perl-XML-LibXML 1.58
# ExcludeDist: el4 el5

So not much happening here too. I did only look at these two so far.

financial.com AG

Management board/Vorstand: Dr. Steffen Boehnert (CEO/Vorsitzender) | Dr. Alexis Eisenhofer | Dr. Yann Samson | Matthias Wiederwach