[suggest] Possible bug in latest perl-DBD-SQLite package

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Thu May 28 17:54:57 CEST 2009

I just came back from vacation and updated CentOS 5 and my MailScanner
installation. The package updates included an update to perl-DBD-SQLite
1.25. After that I noticed that MailScanner reported

DBD::SQLite initialisation failed: Can't locate object method "driver" via
package "DBD::SQLite" at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-
thread-multi/DBI.pm line 770.

Perhaps the capitalisation of DBD 'SQLite' isn't right. at
/usr/sbin/MailScanner line 1684

After downgrading to version 1.14 it starts working. I notice that there
was also an update to 1.23 a month ago that I missed and that makes it
fail, too. So, there must have been some change in the packaging between
1.14 and 1.23 that introduced this problem. Maybe it's really just a
capitalisation problem?
I first thought that the problem might be with MailScanner, but
"MailScanner -v" (which lists all the Perl modules) lists all other
rpmforge-packaged modules correctly, just perl-DBD-SQLite above 1.14 is
noticed as "missing". So I rather think the problem lies in the rpmforge
package.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany