[suggest] Possible bug in latest perl-DBD-SQLite package

David Steinbrunner dsteinbrunner at pobox.com
Thu May 28 18:03:36 CEST 2009

Kai Schaetzl wrote:

> I just came back from vacation and updated CentOS 5 and my MailScanner
> installation. The package updates included an update to perl-DBD-SQLite
> 1.25. After that I noticed that MailScanner reported
>
> DBD::SQLite initialisation failed: Can't locate object method "driver" via
> package "DBD::SQLite" at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-
> thread-multi/DBI.pm line 770.
>
> Perhaps the capitalisation of DBD 'SQLite' isn't right. at
> /usr/sbin/MailScanner line 1684
>
> After downgrading to version 1.14 it starts working. I notice that there
> was also an update to 1.23 a month ago that I missed and that makes it
> fail, too. So, there must have been some change in the packaging between
> 1.14 and 1.23 that introduced this problem. Maybe it's really just a
> capitalisation problem?
> I first thought that the problem might be with MailScanner, but
> "MailScanner -v" (which lists all the Perl modules) lists all other
> rpmforge-packaged modules correctly, just perl-DBD-SQLite above 1.14 is
> noticed as "missing". So I rather think the problem lies in the rpmforge
> package.

Is it possible for you to install the perl module from CPAN rather than
rpmforge for testing proposes?  I have a feeling the issue is not the
rpmforge package but rather the newer versions of the software itself.  If
it is the DBD::SQLite software rather than the packaging, you could then
submit this as a bug to the maintainers.

--
David Steinbrunner