[users] Really 3 kernels needed for new kmod-fuse?

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon May 4 20:35:39 CEST 2009

Dag Wieers wrote:
> On Mon, 4 May 2009, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>
>> Olaf Mueller wrote:
>>
>>> seems to me that kmod-fuse, the new replacement for dkms-fuse, needs a
>>> lot of additional kernels to have installed? Is it really necessairy to
>>> have 3 kernels installed?
>>
>> This happened to me too. I am now sitting with a situation that if I
>> boot, I will start using the PAE kernel, rather than the regular kernel.
>> That does not seem so good...
>>
>> So how do I undo this and get the xen and pae kernels off my system (and
>> the fuse for xen and pae)?
>
> Please configure your /etc/sysconfig/kernel to include:
>
> DEFAULTKERNEL=kernel

That is what I have right now.

> Normally that is the case by default and grub will not boot into
> another kernel unless you modify /etc/grub.conf manually.

So if I had rebooted, it would not have come up in the wrong kernel.

So should I do the 'rpm -e kernel-PAE kernel-xen kmod-fuse-PAE
kmod-fuse-xen'

or wait until things are 'fixed' tonight?

Since I installed these via yum should I not do a 'yum erase kernel-PAE
kernel-xen kmod-fuse-PAE kmod-fuse-xen' instead? (keep yum 'happy', yum,
yum...)