[users] Munin update - now producing errors

Steve Huff shuff at vecna.org
Tue May 26 17:22:01 CEST 2009


On May 26, 2009, at 8:17 AM, Daniel Bird wrote:

> I have 2 CentOS 5.3 boxes producing errors atfer an update to the  
> lastest
> version of munin
>
> munin-1.2.5-2.el5.rf
> munin-node-1.2.5-2.el5.rf
>
> and I'm seeing the following messages from munin-cron on 2 seperate  
> servers:
>
> Server 1 i386
> (process:858): Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to
> pango_layout_set_text()


this error, at least, appears to stem from an rrdtool change,  
documented here:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=494547

i didn't start seeing this error until i updated rrdtool and perl- 
rrdtool to 1.3.7-1 this morning.

a patch that fixed the problem for me is here (the line numbers aren't  
quite right, i applied the patch by hand):

http://munin.projects.linpro.no/svn/munin/branches/debian/lenny/trunk/debian/patches/380-munin-graph-utf8.patch

the system perl package provides Encode (at least under RHEL4 and  
RHEL5), so the patch adds no additional dependencies.

-steve

--
If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an  
improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v
http://five.sentenc.es

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: smime.p7s
Type: application/pkcs7-signature
Size: 2209 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.repoforge.org/pipermail/users/attachments/20090526/530bcf3c/attachment.p7s>


More information about the users mailing list