[suggest] Re: suggest Digest, Vol 53, Issue 1

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 13:35:02 CET 2009

> From: Christoph Maser <cmr at financial.com>
> Subject: Re: [suggest] cfengine 3.0 ?
>
> Am Montag, den 02.11.2009, 20:18 +0100 schrieb Bjarne Saltbaek:
>> And here is a diff against
>> http://svn.rpmforge.net/svn/trunk/rpms/cfengine/cfengine3.spec :
>

> Thanks, will apply check it...

Careful: When I tried personally updating to cfengine 3.x last summer,
I found the format different enough to be incompatible with my
existing CFengine layout. And since CFengine is used to edit system
files, it's important to be *really careful* updating it.

Perhaps it should be released as 'cfengine3' at RPMforge? This would
have prevented some of the problems I had with other packages, like
Nagios, when it updated as well.