[suggest] updated nvidia dkms spec

Steve Huff shuff at vecna.org
Tue Aug 17 17:51:58 CEST 2010

On Aug 17, 2010, at 11:44 AM, Joe Pruett wrote:

> i have reworked the spec file to cope with the new packaging from nvidia.  there was an i2c patch that didn't directly apply, but doesn't seem to be needed, so i just commented out the %patch line.  so far this is working fine on centos 5 x86_64.

Joe,

Thanks for your submission; however, we recommend that instead of using the DKMS module, you instead use the kmod available from ELRepo:

http://dag.wieers.com/blog/improved-rhel-centos-and-scientific-linux-hardware-support
http://elrepo.org/tiki/kmod-nvidia

-steve

--
If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v
http://five.sentenc.es