[users] CentOS 4 - Gecko package for Wine?

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Wed Aug 25 15:16:19 CEST 2010

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010, Bart Schaefer wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 1:56 AM, Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, 22 Aug 2010, Bart Schaefer wrote:
>>
>>> However, when I check the list of installable modules in Yum Extender,
>>> there's nothing for gecko or wine that I don't already have.
>>
>> I have seen the same thing. It asks you once, but if you deny it works
>> nevertheless. I think it's something like a firstboot question ? Not sure
>> what we can do about it :-/
>
> As usual, I should have started from a Google search:
>
> http://wiki.winehq.org/Gecko
>
> (Note list of distributions "known to package Gecko properly")
>
> This thread has some detailed instructions, except for Ubuntu and
> relative to a single user home directory:

Thanks for that :-) I had experienced the same thing, but after that it
worked out fine, so forgot to look into it. I now have build and pushed
packages with the gecko cabinet file included. Please let me know if this
works fine.

Also, I have newer wine 1.3.1 packages available from the testing
repository. So if you fancy testing the latest wine, you can find it
there.

Hope this helps !