[users] RPMFORGE URL for Mrepo

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Fri Aug 27 09:12:51 CEST 2010

On Thu, 26 Aug 2010, Camron W. Fox wrote:

> 	When have had the following configuration in our mrepo configuration
> since installation for the rpmforge rsync URL:
>
> rpmforge =
> rsync://apt.sw.be/pub/freshrpms/pub/dag/redhat/el5/en/$arch/RPMS.dag/
>
> 	However, when I was checking for the updated clamav packages today, I
> found that the directory doesn't exist:
>
> lftp apt.sw.be:/pub/freshrpms/pub/dag/redhat/el5/en/x86_64> ls -l
> drwxrwxr-x   4 ftp      ftp            48 Aug 26 02:33 buildtools
> drwxrwxr-x   4 ftp      ftp            48 Aug 26 02:50 dag
> lrwxrwxrwx   1 ftp      ftp             3 Aug 26 02:33 rpmforge -> dag
> drwxrwxr-x   4 ftp      ftp            48 Aug 26 02:33 testing
> lftp apt.sw.be:/pub/freshrpms/pub/dag/redhat/el5/en/x86_64>
>
> Is this still the correct pathname to use for rsync?

Hi Camron,

There was a cleanup of the directory structure on mirrors. And as you can
see it's better to either use 'dag/' or 'rpmforge/' rather than
'RPMS.dag/'.

We also stopped providing native apt-repository support for newer RHEL
releases because apt-rpm supports createrepo repositories natively since 4
years or so... Regenerating the whole tree/repositories now takes less
than an hour, allowing us to push important fixes. (Although the main
mirror doesn't update that often)

I was surprised nobody complained the first days, so I think the
reorganization was useful :-)