[users] Dropbox RPM 32bit binaries

Dave Miller justdave at mozilla.com
Sun Aug 29 22:34:06 CEST 2010

Mauriat Miranda wrote on 7/31/10 3:25 PM:
> Hi,
>
> I was trying to do install dropbox via yum on my 32bit CentOS 5, but
> it couldn't find the package.
> # yum install dropbox --enablerepo=rpmforge
> Then I noticed none existed for i386:
> http://packages.sw.be/dropbox/
> The error log from
> http://packages.sw.be/dropbox/_buildlogs/dropbox-0.7.110-2.el5.rf.i386.ko.log.gz
> Shows:
> error: File /dar/rpms/dropbox/dropbox-lnx.x86-0.7.110.tar.gz: No such
> file or directory
>
> It's missing this file:
> http://dl-web.dropbox.com/u/17/dropbox-lnx.x86-0.7.110.tar.gz
>
> So I downloaded the src RPM and found it to contain only the 64bit
> tarball.  I added the 32bit tarball and rebuilt it.  That created the
> RPM fine for me.
>
> However the new src RPM I created only contains the 32bit tarball.
>
> I'm not a pro at packaging, so how does one create the .SPEC file to
> contain both?  Or is that not the right approach?

This reply is about a month late, but since it doesn't look like anyone
answered it yet...

You can have a Source0: and Source1: line instead of just Source:

You'll need to put in an if block in %prep to check the arch and pass
the appropriate one to %setup as an argument.

Most of what you need to know can be found at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_an_RPM_package

--
Dave Miller                                   http://www.justdave.net/
System Administrator, Mozilla Corporation      http://www.mozilla.com/