[users] mplayer config problem and mplayerplug-in RPM

Ben bda20+rpmforge at cam.ac.uk
Mon Dec 6 12:20:22 CET 2010

Now that I'm getting into RHEL6 a bit more I've noticed that mplayer doesn't
start for me unless I comment out the

 	flip-hebrew = no

line in /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf.  Additionally, the mplayerplug-in RPM
doesn't appear to exist as yet for RHEL6.  Without this, totem takes over
most of the multimedia plugin duties for things like QuickTime movies and
therefore means that Apple's trailer site doesn't work (even with the User
Agent Switcher plugin for Firefox).  At least it doesn't for me.

What am I missing?

Ben
         Life Is Short.          It's All Good.