[users] the new mplayer for el5

Alfred Ganz alfred-ganz+dag at agci.com
Tue Dec 7 16:40:47 CET 2010

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have tried the next version of mplayer:
	mplayer-1.0-0.45.svn20100703.el5.rf
After commenting out the following line in /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf
	fontconfig = yes
it now works partially, but when I try using it with smplayer, which
wants to use -fontconfig, mplayer complains with this:
	# mplayer -fontconfig
	MPlayer was compiled without fontconfig support.
	MPlayer SVN-r31628-4.1.2 (C) 2000-2010 MPlayer Team
So it looks like there is yet another build option that needs to be
looked at. Unfortunately I don't see anything listed in the summary
field of the spec file to indicate what to do!

Making progress!

Thanks for your help, AG

   Alfred Ganz					alfred-ganz:at:agci.com
   AG Consulting, Inc.				(203) 624-9667