[users] Nagios 3.2.3

Pavel Kankovsky peak at argo.troja.mff.cuni.cz
Thu Dec 23 14:15:50 CET 2010

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010, Scott Reese wrote:

> My apologies.  Since I wasn't seeing anything in the audit log I assumed
> that SELinux wasn't the problem.  However, I disabled it and the problem
> went away.

It might have hit a dontaudit rule. Some access failures are "expected"
or even "intended" and dontaudit rule prevent them from polluting the
audit log. Unfortunately sometimes even the "expected" failures can cause
trouble.

Try the following command to disable dontaudit rules:
# semodule -b /usr/share/selinux/targeted/enableaudit.pp

This command will enable dontaudit again:
# semodule -b /usr/share/selinux/targeted/base.pp

--
Pavel Kankovsky aka Peak                          / Jeremiah 9:21        \
"For death is come up into our MS Windows(tm)..." \ 21st century edition /