[users] dovecot RFX upgrade breakage

Greg Bailey gbailey at lxpro.com
Thu Dec 30 19:12:02 CET 2010

I recently upgraded dovecot to 1.0.13-1.el5.rfx, and my SSL setup was
broken, as apparently the newer dovecot expects to find SSL certificates
in /usr/share/ssl, when the default CentOS 5 dovecot RPM uses
/etc/pki/dovecot.

I understand the whole RFX replaces base packages thing, but shouldn't
we try to preserve the configuration file locations?  In this case an
upgrade changed default configuration in such a way as to break things...

I was also unable to log in via imap; I get:

dovecot: IMAP(username_goes_here): file_lock_dotlock() failed with mbox
file /var/mail/username_goes_here: Permission denied

in /var/log/maillog.  Apparently there's something else I need to change
here...

Thanks in advance for any advice with the dovecot upgrade!

-Greg