[suggest] Re: Latest XML::LibXSLT needed

Steve Huff shuff at vecna.org
Mon Jun 7 21:20:22 CEST 2010

On Jun 7, 2010, at 11:31 AM, Christoph Maser wrote:

> As I am for a much more strict policy at rpmforge I vote for a complete
> removal of perl-XML-LibXMl and perl-XML-LibXSLT or at most provide an
> old version for perl-XML-LibXSLT wich works with the perl-XML-LibXML
> version from base. It is much better to not have a particular piece then
> to have a broken version.

Chris,

i did some digging into this (see SVN r8817), and we need at the very minimum:

perl-XML-LibXML <= 1.69
perl-XML-LibXML-Common (bring it back from the vault)
perl-XML-LibXSLT <= 1.63

and we need Dag to remove any later versions from the repo.

if we want to roll all the way back to the versions from upstream, we have to go back to perl-XML-LibXSLT <= 1.59 (there's already a spec for this in SVN).  for packages that are as widely used as these, i'm OK with offering versions that replace packages from upstream, since their absence is really crippling.

-shuff

--
If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v
http://five.sentenc.es