[users] perl-Test-Simple-0.94 provides and dependencies

Steve Huff shuff at vecna.org
Thu Jun 10 16:02:28 CEST 2010

On Jun 10, 2010, at 9:46 AM, David Hrbáč wrote:

> As time being, we are not able to provide clean install of
> 'perl(Test::More)'. It's provided by:
>
> root at specs2:1125:125:/tmp$ rpm -q perl;rpm -q perl --provides | grep More
> perl-5.8.8-27.el5
> perl(Test::More) = 0.62
>
> and also:
> root at specs2:1127:127:/tmp$ rpm -qp perl-Test-Simple-0.94-1.el5.rf.noarch.rpm --provides | grep More
> perl(Test::More) = 0.94

yup; this is an example of a package that conflicts with upstream.  if you want the newer version of Test::More, you will have to slightly break your stock Perl in order to do it; please do so only if you know what you're doing.

-steve

--
If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v
http://five.sentenc.es