[users] FYI: bug in git-1.7.1-1 package

Steve Huff shuff at vecna.org
Wed Jun 23 15:39:14 CEST 2010

hello folks!

git-1.7.1-1, currently in the repo, has an erroneous dependency on 'perl(packed-refs)', which cannot be met because there is no such pragma or module as packed-refs.  this bug stems from the overzealousness of rpm's automatic dependency discovery.

i apologize for any disruption resulting from this bug.  we'll push an updated package as soon as possible; for the meantime, please exclude git updates from your yum config.

thanks,
-steve

--
If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v
http://five.sentenc.es