[users] FYI: bug in git-1.7.1-1 package

Steve Huff shuff at vecna.org
Wed Jun 23 22:49:12 CEST 2010

On Jun 23, 2010, at 4:27 PM, Jeff Johnson wrote:

> I'd _LOVE_ to get the perl dependency autoextraction in RPM fixed and reliable. Most
> recent attempt was a discussion with some CPAN guy at FOSDEM 2010.
>
> The approach to fixing perl deps in RPM _MUST_ be global however. Otherwise you end-up
> flip-flopping amongst bug-fixes endlessly. You really need to look at _ALL_ cases.

yup; it's tough.  Christoph has done some work towards parsing META.yaml to extract dependencies, but of course many modules don't have META.yaml, or have incorrect information.

-steve

--
If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v
http://five.sentenc.es