[suggest] nagios-3.2.1-5.el4.rf.i386.rpm pid path problem

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Tue Nov 9 10:49:49 CET 2010

On Tue, 9 Nov 2010, Christoph Maser wrote:

> Am Montag, den 08.11.2010, 16:23 -0800 schrieb Mark D. Nagel:
>> On 8/29/2010 6:46 AM, Christoph Maser wrote:
>>
>>> I submitted an update dropping the pid-file parameter when calling
>>> killproc. This works correctly on el4 and el5 at least in my tests.
>>
>> I just finally updated to the latest RPM today to test because we ran
>> into a DST bug in 3.2.0 yesterday.  It looks like the EL5-only -p option
>> is still passed to the reload function (but nowhere else):
>>
>> reload() {
>>     echo -n $"Reloading $prog: "
>>     killproc -p ${pidfile} $exec -HUP
>>     RETVAL=$?
>>     echo
>> }
>
> thanks for pointing that out I simply overlooked it. Update is underway.

Oh my, and when the same was reported to me I though subversion had an
important bug on my system since the patch clearly removed the "-p
${pidfile}", but a grep clearly showed it was still there on my disk and
subversion reported it was the latest revision.

Overlooking the fact that it was on a different line, and a slightly
different commandline. Damned :-)

At least I can restore my trust in subversion a little bit now... Sigh.