[suggest] Gnome 2.32 backported to RHEL6

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Fri Nov 26 12:57:42 CET 2010

On Fri, 26 Nov 2010, Sergio Rubio wrote:

> I've backported Gnome 2.32 packages to RHEL6 and I wonder if they could have
> a place in RPMForge instead of keeping them in my own repos.

Hi Sergio,

The rules for RPMforge Extras are not really defined, but in the past we
always refrained from adding non-leaf packages into RPMforge. The
reasoning mainly is that if you replace too much from RHEL6, you no longer
are running RHEL6.

So anything build against RHEL6's gnome 2.32 may fail with a Gnome 2.32
backport and our aim is to break the least. But while I am personally not
in favor of adding this to RPMforge I would like to have such a discussion
because I think its merit is defining the rules or finding alternatives.