[users] rpmforge-extras

Nils Breunese (Lemonbit) nils at lemonbit.com
Sun Nov 14 14:14:26 CET 2010

Yury V. Zaytsev wrote:

> This is the result of ongoing discussions to make RPMForge base-clean
> and repoclosure-clean. In the nutshell, the repository is going to be
> divided into 3 parts:
>
> - Base repo that doesn't replace base packages
> - Extras repo that DOES replace base packages
> - Buildsys repo to satisfy build-time base replacing deps
>
> It totally makes sense that anything apart from base is disabled by
> default.

Sure, cool, I like this.

> No announcement has been made so far, because the migration is not
> complete as of yet.

Since the migration is already impacting users, I expected an announcement. I just joined this mailinglist today, so I thought I might have missed it, but I couldn't find anything on the website or in the mailinglist archive, so I joined to ask.

>> * I can't find subversion nor mod_dav_svn in either repository (checked
>> for EL4-i386). Will they be back?
>
> Well, the old ones were cleaned already because of CVE's I guess and new
> one doesn't build because of illegal macro substitutions + unresolved
> ruby deps for ruby bindings.
>
> This can be worked around and the whole package is asking for a revamp,
> but I don't have time AND build host to debug it, so hopefully someone
> else will take care of this.

So a security conscious user's best bet is currently to downgrade back from subversion-1.4.6-0.2.el4.rf to subversion-1.1.4-3.el4_8.2? Hm, I'd have to look into that, since that will also mean converting all repositories back to an older Subversion repository format.

Nils.