[users] rpm-macros-rpmforge-0-5 errors

Nicolas Thierry-Mieg Nicolas.Thierry-Mieg at imag.fr
Tue Nov 16 11:40:21 CET 2010

Hi,

I just updated some packages on a centos 5 system, including
rpm-macros-rpmforge-0-5.el5.rf.
There seems to be a problem with /etc/rpm/macros.rpmforge from that
package, because after the update and rpm query prints some error messages.
Example:

[nthierry at tryo rpm]$ rpm -q rpm-macros-rpmforge
error: Macro % has illegal name (%define)
error: Macro % has illegal name (%define)
error: Macro % has illegal name (%define)
rpm-macros-rpmforge-0-5.el5.rf.noarch
[nthierry at tryo rpm]$

If I move /etc/rpm/macros.rpmforge somewhere else the error messages  go
away.

Maybe I actually don't need this package at all? I don't remember why
it's installed, I guess I thought it could be useful for rebuilding some
rpmforge srpms. In any case the previous version didn't have this problem.

Regards,
Nicolas