[users] scons for x86_64

Germán Andrés Pulido g-pulido at gmx.net
Sun Aug 28 18:31:06 CEST 2011

  Hi

On 08/28/2011 05:14 AM, Dag Wieers wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Aug 2011, Germán Andrés Pulido wrote:
>
>> It seems there is no package "scons" for 64 bits, but there is for 32
>> bits:
>
> scons 1.2.0 is a noarch package and as a consequence it is in both
> 32bit and 64bit repositories.
>
> If you are reporting this for RHEL6, you may be confused about the
> fact that it is part of Repoforge Extras. Probably you have Extras
> enable on 32bit, but not on 64bit.
I'm reporting this on CentOS 6.0. Since RHEL has scons, then I don't
know why CentOS doesn't. Maybe it was included only since RHEL 6.1? if
so, then I will just wait for CentOS 6.1 and get scons. If not, please
tell me so I can report a bug on CentOS bug tracker (RHEL having scons
by default and not CentOS is a bug AFAIK)

> That said, since a newer scons (2.0.1) ships with RHEL6, there's no
> need for us to maintain this package for RHEL6. Not sure why it's not
> simply disabled for RHEL6.

Regards,

German Andres.