[users] yum-updatesd for CentOS 6

Gerd v. Egidy lists at egidy.de
Thu Dec 8 14:45:05 CET 2011

> > I want to have all updates installed within 1 hour after publishing them
> > on my local yum repo. But not all servers should install their update at
> > the same time and I want to keep their configuration as identical as
> > possible. So no crontabs with different yum-crons, the update time is
> > just spread by different boot times.
>
> in centos 6 anacron is used for regular jobs. In fact cron.daily, weekly
> and monthly are run through anacrontab by default now.
>
> It allows you to add a random delay before starting jobs. You specify
> the max delay.

Thanks for the tip.

> Maybe check it out, seems like it could solve your problem.

just read the manpage of anacron: "...with a frequency specified in days".

So that doesn't help me with my maximum update response time of one hour. Of
course I want to be able to have multiple updates per day (for my locally
created packages).

I still think that yum-updatesd is the best tool for the job.

Kind regards,

Gerd

--
Address (better: trap) for people I really don't want to get mail from:
jonas at cactusamerica.com