[users] RPMforge repo problems..

Leon Fauster leonfauster at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 22 01:02:27 CET 2011

Am 21.12.2011 um 23:53 schrieb Chris Syntichakis:
> I think there is a problem there...
>
> I added the RPMforge extras repo and I noticed there is an update called:
> tcp_wrappers-libs-7.6.57.el6.rfx
>
> at the same time its already installed on my system (CentOS 6.2) the:
> tcp_wrappers-libs-7.6.57.el6
>
> if I remove the tcp_wrappers-libs-7.6.57.el6 (from the base) I think it will cause a lot
> of mess....
>
> now what? is there any way to ignore your update ? or its something that needs to be fixxed?

= RPMforge now consists of more than one repository:

     + rpmforge - packages that _do not_ replace base packages
                  (eg. nagios, wine, vlc, xine, mpg123, ...)
     + rpmforge-extras - newer packages that _do_ replace base packages
                         (eg. lftp, rsync, subversion, ...)
     + rpmforge-testing - alternative test packages
                          (eg. wine-1.3.x, ...)
     + rpmforge-buildtools - packages required for building RPMforge pkgs
                             (eg. bison, make, rpm-macros-rpmforge, ...)

   For convenience, packages belonging to one of the above repositories
   are tagged respectively with rf, rfx, rft and rfb distribution tags.