[users] Where have the nvidia driver packages gone?

Frank Thommen frank.thommen at embl-heidelberg.de
Tue Jan 4 18:56:27 CET 2011

Hi,

due to a workstation reinstallation I realized, that the RPMForge nVidia
packages (nvidia-x11-drv, dkms-nvidia-x11-drv etc.) seem to have gone:

[root at balrog barabas]# yum --enablerepo=rpmforge search nvidia
Loaded plugins: dellsysid, fastestmirror
  * addons: centos.de-mirror-server.de
  * base: ftp.plusline.de
  * extras: ftp.plusline.de
  * rpmforge: ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de
  * updates: ftp.plusline.de
nvclock.x86_64 : Change settings of a Nvidia card
openexr.x86_64 : High dynamic range image file format
[root at balrog barabas]#

I can still see the packages on http://packages.sw.be/ but they have
gone from the repository
http://apt.sw.be/redhat/el5/en/x86_64/rpmforge/RPMS/.

Any ideas if that is temporary?  Our installation rely on these packages.

Cheers

     frank