[users] Request and a bug: gksu

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 14:24:11 CEST 2011

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 12:32 AM, Todd And Margo Chester
<toddandmargo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Daag,

Really? If you're going to ask people to do stuff, please at least
spell their name correctly. It's literally the least you could do.

> Okay now a bug to report:  Since you did not have SL6
> RPMs for gksu, I installed your el5 versions on my
> new SL6 x64 bit server:

As has been stated, this is a bad route to go down for several reasons.

>      gksu-2.0.0-1.el5.rf.x86_64.rpm
>      libgksu-2.0.5-1.el5.rf.x86_64.rpm
>
> Problem: I got a crash saying gksu could not find
> "gksu-run-helper".
>
> Work around:
>       mkdir /usr/lib/libgksu
>       ln -s /usr/lib64/libgksu/gksu-run-helper
> /usr/lib/libgksu/gksu-run-helper
>
> So the 64 bit version is still looking in the 32 bit location
> for gksu-run-helper

Does it do this on the el5 version? because that's just about the only
way this could be considered a bug. Something behaving incorrectly on
el6 when it's built for el5 isn't exactly shocking.

George Orwell