[users] How should we report problematic packages?

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Fri Jun 10 16:36:54 CEST 2011

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011, Denis Fateyev wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 4:35 AM, Ben Tilly <btilly at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> For instance perl-DBI-1.616-1.el5.rfx.x86_64.rpm contains
>> /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/DBD/File.pm
>> which causes it to conflict with
>> repoforge/perl-DBD-File-0.34-1.2.el5.rf.noarch.rpm.
>>
>> Is there a standard way to report these?
>
> Since it was declared with "rfx", what behavior you have expected?

I think it makes sense to remove that file from the perl-DBI package,
especially if the 'official' upstream perl-DBI does not ship it either.

To answer the original question, we have recently moved to github (but
have not announced it yet). In github you can report issues, or even
better, propose a fix by directly editing the file and offering a
pull-request.

     http://github.com/repoforge/

We hope this way of working enables everyone to come up with improvements
without the overhead the past contribution model had.

Kind regards,