[users] 64 bit flash-plugin and 64 bit Firefox question

Todd And Margo Chester toddandmargo at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 02:41:36 CEST 2011

On 06/08/2011 05:40 PM, Dag Wieers wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Jun 2011, Todd And Margo Chester wrote:

>>> This is rather generic, I don't have your combination of versions, but on my machines I have a symlink:
>>>
>>> lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 41 May 13 11:20 /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so ->   /usr/lib64/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so
>>>
>>> which seems to do the trick.
>> I tried both the link and the actual code.  Got ignored by both.  The
>> nspluginwrapper
>> (may have that mis-spelled) thing did not help either.  It is like FF is
>> ignoring everything
>> in /usr/lib64/mozilla.
>>
>> :'(
>>
>> What edition/whose edition of Firefox are you using?
> Normally, you simply have to install the package and it should work.
> Unless you have done manual modifications (eg. added some other plugin(s)
> in your home directory or other locations).
>
> The RPM package ships with a tool called
> '/usr/lib/flash-plugin/homecleanup' and a tool called
> '/usr/lib/flash-plugin/setup'. You could try running those, but they may
> not 'undo' whatever modifications you did by hand.
>
> You may want to look at all the various Firefox and Mozilla plugin
> directories and remove anything already there. Then reinstall the RPM
> package and optionally re-run homecleanup and/or setup.
>
> Hope that helps ?
Hi All,

I switched from mozilla.org's binary package to
      http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/leigh123linux/firefox4/
and flash woke up.   And so did Java and Acrobat Reader.

I did notice that when I yum'ed  fedorapeople's package, I
got 16 additional dependencies.

Before I completely got rid of the Mozilla.com's binary, I
tried running it in parallel with fedorapeople's.  Mozilla's still
did not catch the plugins.

Thank you all for the help!  Mystery solved.

-T