[users] EPEL

Lucian lucian at lastdot.org
Fri Jun 24 20:18:05 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 7:13 PM, Orion Poplawski <orion at cora.nwra.com> wrote:
> On 06/24/2011 12:07 PM, Lucian wrote:
>>
>> Is this EPEL's official position (because it sounds too good to be
>> true) on the matter?
>
> We do try to avoid conflicts when we can.  But by the nature of divergent
> development they are going to happen.

How do we fix divergent development?
Problem is EPEL has become the de-facto extra repo for EL, however one
cannot have a proper desktop/workstation without Dag/RF, but combining
them causes headaches which really should not exist, it's the only
major distro out there with this problem...
Personally I was hoping an EPEL compatible build of RPMfusion, which
didn't happen.