[users] EPEL

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Sat Jun 25 21:11:35 CEST 2011

On Fri, 2011-06-24 at 18:38 +0100, Lucian wrote:

> Currently there are some conflicts between EPEL and RF packages; is
> there any intention on RF's part to correct whatever the problem is so
> that the two repos do not conflict?

We are mostly not using EPEL ourselves, so obviously nobody was aware of
any recent compatibility problems. It is not surprising, however, that
they do exit, given the fact that there is some overlap (and nowadays
probably a considerable overlap) in the packages that we offer, whereas
there is no structured effort at this moment to pro-actively prevent
such conflicts.

Therefore, an essential step to fixing those would be to report them in
the first place. We are certainly not interested in breaking the
compatibility for the sake of it, so such reports would be dealt with on
a best-effort basis.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev