[suggest] Update Subversion to 1.6.16 for RHEL 5 distribution

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 00:19:51 CET 2011

Subversion 1.6.16 is out, and I've been tesing an update for RHEL 5,
which works just fine by updating the .spec file and using the new
tarball from subversion.apache.org.

RHEL 6....... is its own issue. Red Hat is publishing
subversion-1.6.11 for that, and backporting security fixes, so I'm
inclined not to touch it for RPMforge, and CentOS 6 is not out yet, so
I lack a robust build environment for it. Does anyone else have a
robust RHEL 6 to test it in? I'm afraid the swig and sqlite
requirements need a rewrite, since the version in RHEL 6 is quite
enough to use the built-in version.