[suggest] Re: [sugess] cacti-0.8.7g with patchs and PIAv2.9

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Thu Mar 31 20:14:06 CEST 2011

On Wed, 2011-03-30 at 20:48 +0200, Fernando Herrero Peletero wrote:
> My "diff" file was created using the following method:

I understand. I don't like squashing patches and modifying upstream
sources though.

I think they should publish PIA patches / SQL separately, so that I can
easily bundle it into the RPM, instead of distributing one huge archive.

It would really help if you could bring this up with Cacti developers.
As I said, I tried IRC, but didn't have time to follow up on that.

> 3. # rpmbuild --rebuild cacti-0.8.7g-3.rf.src.rpm
>      Instalando cacti-0.8.7g-3.rf.src.rpm
>      advertencia:usuario dag no existe - utilizando root
>      advertencia:grupo dag no existe - utilizando root
>      error: falló el desempaquetado de archivos  en
> archivo/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/cacti-0.8.7g.tar.gz;4d937a4e: cpio: El
> MD5 sum no coincide
>      error: cacti-0.8.7g-3.rf.src.rpm no puede ser instalado

I answered exactly the same question here yesterday...

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev