[users] incron-0.5.9 doesn't build on el6

Paul Evans gemlog at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 21:30:53 CET 2011

I saw there was a build log, but no package for incron el6 at
http://packages.sw.be/incron/_buildlogs/ -- I should have read it.

Instead I grabbed the source and tried to compile it.

I got lots of this at first:

icd-main.cpp:303: error: 'stderr' was not declared in this scope
icd-main.cpp:303: error: 'fprintf' was not declared in this scope

which I would have seen in the build log, if I had read it...

I got past that by adding an include for stdio.h here and there, but then hit:

incroncfg.cpp:184: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’

Which looks like someone trying to go backwards from a const, but I'm not a
c/++ guy at all. I think it needs to either come out or be cast as char?? I'm
sorry, but that's as far as I can get with it.

It's more than too bad, because this seems like the only useful thing to use
to be able to replace the much-maligned dnotify that I am using on my old el4
box. I'm kinda hosed without it for one site.

Any chance of someone having a look at the code? I'm hoping it's just a small
amount of bit rot that an experienced cpp guy can fix without much bother, but
I'm too ignorant to know for sure.

Regards,
Paul