[users] Puppet RPMs from yum.puppetlabs.com vs. Repoforge

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Thu Oct 13 20:58:59 CEST 2011

Hi!

On Thu, 2011-10-13 at 13:49 -0400, Philip Durbin wrote:

> Is there an advantage to the Puppet RPMs from Repoforge over the ones
> from Puppet Labs?

1) See https://github.com/repoforge/rpms/issues/45

2) The old packages were created before Puppetlabs even started taking
care of it and I used to maintain these SPECs because of my specific
needs. Now that SELinux issues are mostly resolved, the difference will
be negligible.

The problem is that Dag doesn't remove the old packages and also doesn't
build the new SPECs that I can committing... And there is nothing I can
do about it.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev