[users] Puppet RPMs from yum.puppetlabs.com vs. Repoforge

Tom G. Christensen tgc at statsbiblioteket.dk
Fri Oct 14 08:13:53 CEST 2011

Yury V. Zaytsev wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-10-13 at 15:48 -0400, Philip Durbin wrote:
>
>> I'm curious if anyone is using the new puppet-2.7 specs you're
>> committing.
>
> I really have no idea :-) I can only tell you that I am.

I'm looking at them and have built them for my own use, so far they seem
to be fine but I've yet to start really using them.

You might want to have a look at the pull request I submitted here:
https://github.com/repoforge/rpms/pull/63

It contains a few fixes to some of puppets dependencies to make the
whole stack buildable/installable on el4,el5.

It was rebased recently so hopefully should be a clean fast-forward
merge, if not let me know and I'll do another rebase.

-tgc